Vantage FX Review
Trading like a pro
In recent years, binary options trading has grown in global popularity, leading to an exponential increase in online brokers to choose from. While having choices makes it easier for traders to find the broker (or brokers) that best meet their styles and needs, it also becomes increasingly more difficult to wade through the options to find the right one. Among the things that traders look for are experience, reliability, security, and of course, a high earning potential with minimal risks.
Vantage FX has made a name for itself as a leading forex broker, but provides trading platforms in commodities, indices and binary options as well. While the entire platform is noteworthy, the scope of this review is to focus exclusively on the Vantage FX binary options trading platform.
- Broker name:
- Vantage FX
- Year established:
- Authority (Jurisdiction):
- Regulated/Licensed by:
- ASIC (the Australian Securities and Investment Commission)
- Registration number
- AFSL 343547
- Level 29, 31 Market St. Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
- Support phone number:
- +61 2 8999 2044 (international) + local numbers in Australia, U.K. China and Canada
- Support fax number:
- +61 2 9279 2652
- Email address:
What is Vantage FX?
Vantage FX is an Australian-based forex broker that was established in 2009. Since 2011, the site has received 13 awards for its air-tight security, complete transparency, powerful trading platform, and outstanding customer service. While the original focus was forex trading, over the past several years the site has branched out to include binary options, and it has invested the same efforts into providing a binary options trading platform that is no less impressive, robust and reliable as its forex platform.
Our favorite aspects of Vantage FX
- The extremely powerful MT 4 forex trading platform can also be used to trade binary options
- Complete site transparency and hassle-free withdrawal policies and procedures
- Excellent educational resources available on the website
- Professional and courteous customer service, including a Live Chat feature with very quick responses
Account types, bonuses and special promotions
Vantage FX offers Demo and Regular accounts without a welcome bonus. The Demo account provides traders with $20,000 in virtual funds and an excellent opportunity to test the proverbial waters with binary options in general and the Vantage FX platform in particular. The regular account requires only a $100 to begin trading, and the fact that there are not different tiers of account levels means that all traders, no matter how much money they have at their disposal when they begin trading, all have access to the same offers, benefits and trading tools.
- Return on Investment (Payout rate - %):
- 85% (High/Low, Short Term); 400% (One Touch, Boundary)
- Welcome bonus:
- Occasional promotions, but no set welcome bonus
- Minimum deposit:
- Maximum investment per trade:
- USD/JPY/AUD/NZD/SGD 500; GBP 250; EUR 300
- Minimum investment per trade:
- Loss protection:
- Early exit on select assets
- Account types:
- Demo, Regular
- Accepted currencies:
- USD, CAD, EUR, AUD, JPY, SGD, GBP
- Expiry times:
- From 60 seconds (Short Term Binary) through the end of the day
Registration - Opening an account
Opening an account is simply a matter of clicking on the "Open Account" button and filling in your personal and banking details. Once you have verified your account and deposited funds, you are ready to start trading.
Banking - Deposits and withdrawals
- Deposit: Traders can deposit funds to their Vantage FX account via credit/debit card, wire transfer, various e-Wallets, and even broker-to-broker if the trader is switching his account to Vantage FX. The first deposit into your account cannot exceed AUD 1,000, and after that, AUD 10,000 in any one day.
- Withdrawals: While Vantage FX does not charge traders a fee for withdrawing funds, some banks may charge. The website offers an Online Withdrawal Form as well as an optional Manual Withdrawal Form. All money withdrawn will be automatically sent to the account from which funds were deposited. Withdrawal requests are processed very quickly, and funds are usually received within one business day.
The trading platform that Vantage FX uses was developed by Tech Financial. Traders who use the Vantage FX forex platform can also trade binary options using the site's highly regarded MetaTrader 4 (MT4) platform. The mobile application also enables traders to access their accounts from any smartphone and to trade wherever they are at any time of day or night.
Vantage FX offers over 100 currency pairs, commodities, stocks and indices to trade on.
How to trade
Trading binary options on the Vantage FX platform is literally as easy as 1-2-3:
- Select an asset and expiry time for trading
- Select the direction you believe the asset price will move before the expiry time
- Enter the amount of money you wish to invest on the trade, and confirm the transaction.
The binary options trading platform offers four trade types:
- High/Low Binary - The "original" binary options trade type, in which traders determine whether an asset price at its expiry time will be higher or lower than when the transaction is made. Expiry times are between 10-30 minutes and payouts are as high as 85%.
- One Touch Binary - Traders choose an upper or lower price limit, and determine whether or not the asset price will touch that limit one time before the trade expires. This is a much riskier trade type, with a much higher ROI that can reach 400%.
- Boundary Binary - Similar to One Touch Binary,and with similar ROI. The platform provides a price range for the asset price, and traders determine if the price will close within those boundaries or without.
- Short Term Binary - Exactly like High/Low Binary, but with expiry times of 1, 2 and 5 minutes.
Is Vantage FX a scam?
Vantage FX is closely regulated, and all of its financial policies and procedures are clearly provided on the company website. In addition, when the site recently received the Fintech award for the best financial trading services provider in 2017, it was the 13th award that Vantage FX has received in the last 6 years for its transparency, efficiency and customer service. All of this reinforces our belief that Vantage FX is a completely reliable site and definitely not a scam.
Where is Vantage FX available?
The Vantage FX binary options platform can be accessed from around the world except for the following countries:
- Ivory Coast
- North Korea
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- United States
While binary trading with Vantage FX is not available to traders in China, forex, commodities and indices trading is.
The Vantage FX platform supports English, Chinese and Spanish.
Customer support and security
The Vantage FX customer support team is available around the clock, Monday-Friday with local phone numbers in Australia, China, Canada and the United Kingdom. To open a new account, the support team is available Monday-Friday from 9am - 5pm, AEDT. The team is also reachable via email, fax and live chat on the website.
Pros and Cons of Vantage FX
- Excellent reputation with multiple awards testifying to the security and honesty of the broker
- Very strong educational tools including a demo account for new traders to learn binary options hands-on
- Very low initial deposit of $100 required in order to begin trading
- Withdrawals processed in one day and with no no internal charges
- Not available in the United States
- While the trading platform is user-friendly, the company website is difficult to navigate and to find all of the information a trader might seek
We really like the Vantage FX platform - a lot. The more than a dozen awards that the site has earned since its inception are well-deserved, and binary options traders will find that this is one of the best brokers available for trading with security and seeing excellent ROIs.
Text to speech